This Month | November 2016

5:14 PM


November has been quite the month.

To state the obvious, for starters: I officially started blogging on For All Who Wander. I've already explained my reasons for moving blogs, but to reiterate, the main one was the designing freedom that Blogger provides.

In case you didn't follow my WordPress blog before, just know that I do monthly review where I look back at different aspects of my life, recommend a few posts from others that I particularly enjoyed, and talk about the coming month (DECEMBER ALREADY LIKE AHH HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE). Now let's move on to the actual post before you all fall asleep at your laptops.

I WROTE

NaNoWriMo happened and didn't really work out. I will grant myself a few excuses: schoolwork, piano, church, and Hamilton. In other words -- procrastination, scheduling, and distractions.

an actual account of me listening to Hamilton
*hits play*
*starts singing*
*starts dancing*

one hour later:
*looks up*
"So what'd I miss??"
Heh heh. Oh, these references.

I MADE  MUSIC

I'm now working on the second and third movements of Beethoven's Sonata No. 10 Opus 1. They're fun and I'm enjoying them very much. I've picked a Beethoven concerto back up after leaving it alone for a while, and I'm definitely ready to tackle it again.

I BLOGGED

Like I said . . . (Hamilton references are just everywhere!) I just started blogging on For All Who Wander recently, so not too many posts.


POSTS WORTH A READ

{the thankful tree} It's after Thanksgiving, but that doesn't mean we should stop being thankful. :)


{these facades} This poem is so trueee now go read it. *shoves*

CURRENTLY OBSESSING OVER

{hamilton} 
(you hopefully figured that one out by now)

{LotR} 
I've been going through a serious re-reading of tLotR, and it just gets better every time I read it. :DD

{butterbraids} 
If you haven't had a butterbraid, you need to try one. Make it a life goal or something. We buy them every year from our choral program's fundraiser and they are ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. They're these flaky pastries filled with some type of . . . filling (well duh), whether apple, cinnamon, or chocolate. We baked and finished the cinnamon one within a few hours, but I got some nice pictures before my sweet tooth got the better of me.

(our neighbor's trash and recycling cans photobombed this one)

LOOK AT THAT SUGARY, BAKED GOODNESS.

NEXT MONTH {DECEMBER}

CHRISTMAS! I love this time of year when we can focus on and celebrate Jesus's birth.

I'll be working hard to hopefully get my concerto into shape for January competitions.

I'll have more time to blog during the school break (even if it is only a week and a half) and will try to get some Christmas-themed posts in.







what did you do in november? what is your biggest goal for december? leave me a comment down below!

love, sarah

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. That description of listening to Hamilton = ACCURATE. :) :)

    Also yes tobrereading The Lord of the Rings!!! We have so much in common! Like, seriously, I don't know another HUMAN who has even read it, much less likes to read it over and over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS.
      AND YESSSSSS. *high fives* LOTR IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST! I don't UNDERSTAND how it's so amahzing! *melts* Also, the movie soundtrack alone makes me cry sooooo . . . this just got slightly awkward, lol. But seriously. Everyone was acted perfectly! Okay, now I'm ranting about the movies, not the books. GET BACK ON TOPIC, SARAH.

      Delete
    2. Wow. That bad?

      The movie totally makes me WANT to cry??? (But I always watch it with my brothers, so I fight it. If I was just watching alone, I'd bawl my eyes out.) The first time it was Boromir's death. The second time it was Frodo's reaction to losing Gandalf. More recently it has been the ending. Agh. That movie!

      The actors were seriously so well casted, ohmygoodness!

      Delete
    3. Lol yes those sad moments. The ending is the worst (AKA best)! And just . . . THE SOUNDTRACK. Howard Shore is so good!

      Delete
    4. I knoooow!!! Which is your favorite song/theme? Personally, the Shire theme will forever be my favorite... Or was that the Rohan theme? Or Arwen's theme? Or the Ringwraiths theme? I don't even know any more... YAS HOWARD SHORE IS A GENIUS.

      Delete
    5. Oh gosh I really don't know. Probably Rohan and Gondor -- they're amazing! YES YES HE IS. AND SO IS LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA. 😄😄😄

      Delete
    6. BAHAHAHAHAH, OF COURSE WE FOUND A WAY TO WORK HAMILTON INTO THIS CONVERSATION!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing my post! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) YUM! Butterbraids look AMAZING. :o I can't wait for Christmas, either!! :D

    -Clara <3
    P.S: Could I ask your opinion on my blog design? I'm trying to get some objective feedback. ;) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Clara! Butterbraids are the BEST. AND YES CHRISTMAS I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

      I love your design! The header is sooo pretty. The one thing I might suggest is that you would change all the sidebar graphics to one font, but you certainly don't have to! It already looks amazing as is. 😄

      Delete
    2. IT'S DECEMBER 1st! HANG THE STOCKINGS! YAAY! XD
      Thank you so much! Ooh, that's AWESOME feedback. Thank you!!! :D

      -Clara <3

      Delete
  3. OMGGGG BUTTERBRAIDS SOUND INCREDIBLE. :''') Also how on earth is November already over?? IT'S CRAZY. *is stressing out* *is in need of those glorious pastries asap*

    >><<
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY ARE THEY ARE. And yesss the months have gone by so fast!

      Delete
  4. Hey Sarah! I've seen you like a few of my posts and decided to check your blog out. It looks so professional and amazing, and I had mistaken the look for a WordPress theme at first! xP

    This post is awesome! Recaps posts are super enjoyable to read. And butterbraids sound DELICIOUS. :D

    As for what I did in November... I did a bunch of stuff. XD But a few highlights were reaching my 4 year blogiversary, hosting my 18" AG doll giveaway, writing around 10k for my novel (I didn't do NaNo, though :P), traveling to Texas for Thanksgiving and ministry road trips, and flying back home! November was a phenomenal month. I loved it!

    My biggest goal for December... hmm. I'd say host a successful Christmas card exchange on my blog and just try to relax more. :P

    As you can see, I love answering questions. XD

    Once again, super awesome blog, Sarah! (And I seriously need to watch/read LOTR...)

    •Madison•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madi! Aww, thanks s'much! I'm super glad you liked this post. AND YES YOU NEED TO TRY BUTTERBRAIDS -- THEY'RE THE BEST.

      Ooh, you were very productive in November! That giveaway was so generous of you, and you should totally do NaNo next year. :) November was an awesome month!

      The Christmas card exchange looks really cool! Yup, we all need more relaxing time. (and more sleep, lol!)

      As you can see, I love reading your answers! Thanks so much again, Madison. And YES you definitely should. It's absolutely AMAHZING. :D

      Delete
    2. You're so welcome! THEY LOOK AMAZING. I WANT THEM XD

      Thank you so much! I totally am. Even if I don't win, I'm dying to try. :D It sure was!

      Thanks again! (YES. More sleep, haha! XD)

      Aw, thanks so much! And you're welcome! I know, it sounds so awesome! Maybe then I'll finally understand all the LOTR quotes and references. XD

      Delete
    3. P.S. BTW, I followed via my WordPress reader since that's what I check every day. So while it doesn't say I'm following via Blogger, I do follow you :P

      Delete
    4. Ooh, okay! Thanks so much for the follow! <33

      Delete

hey hey! i love you guys' comments, so whether we're talking about shakespeare, marvel movies, or hamilton (i mean: HAMILTON), feel free to leave me one or a million!