Hello 2017 | Plans + Goals

by - 8:28 PM



In a couple of hours, we'll be bringing in the new year. Unless you're me. I'll be sleeping through it all. XD Anyway, this is my very last post of 2016.

The new year completely snuck up on me! I haven't had much time to prepare for a proper, clean start to 2017. That doesn't mean I'm not excited for it, though -- there are a lot of things that are going to be happening, so you get to be bombarded with goals, plans, and a few life updates. Hold on tight!

BOOKY

I have a confession to make. I've been very unsuccessful in trying to read new books. As a result, I seem stuck in the 1900's book world. In this coming year, I want to read books I haven't before instead of defaulting to my bookshelf (which, by the way, has a ton of books from . . . like . . . fifth grade :P). Of course, I have to read Lin-Manuel Miranda's book first. And then Ron Chernow's. XD

WRITERLY

NaNoWriMo didn't work out for me this year. That doesn't mean I'm not a writer, though. It also doesn't mean I'm not going to stop noveling or participating in NaNo's other activities. I'll be doing Camp NaNoWriMo in both April and July -- I'm planning to draft a novel for the first, and do a rewrite of it for the second. I'm making it a goal to write 100k over the course of the year -- not a lot, but considering school, church, and piano . . . it is a lot. :P

Also, to force myself to write more, I hope to start posting a story on my blog where I post a new section every two weeks -- sort of like WriteFury did. Her story, Blank Mastermind, is legit one of the best ever, and I watched it turn from what looked like a random snippet into a novel with the best plot and highest levels of sarcasm I've ever seen. Seriously. IT'S SO SAD THOUGH AND WOLFYYY THE FEELS. (pretty sure most of y'all didn't understand that XD)


MUSIC-WISE

Spring competitions are approaching, so I'm preparing for those. My goal is to place first in a certain competition, where I'll be playing Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody (no. 11). Last year I placed third and was separated from first (one of my good friends) by half a point. HALF A POINT SHOULD NOT SEPARATE FIRST AND THIRD PLACE. *wails* I might also do regional and state competitions, and possibly take my concerto to a competition sometime in the coming months.

BLOGGY

By the end of 2017, I hope to have reached 100 followers -- either through Blogger or Bloglovin'. I also want to improve my blog and make it look more professional while at the same time keeping it free of cost for myself. #cheap I've also started designing blog buttons and headers! I love designing for fun, and it's completely free. You can find out more here.

Also, a shout-out to my amazing big sister/best friend evah! She recently moved from WordPress to Blogger too, and I think her blog already looks lovely. If you could head on over and leave her a comment to let her know you visited, that would be awesome!

OTHER LIFE-Y THINGS

I want to make even more friends, not drop my straight-A streak, take one or two AP classes for sophomore year starting in August, and be really productive. I've started a bullet journal, which you can take a look at in this post.

welllll guess that's it! what are your plans for 2017? what are you most excited for? leave me a comment down below!

officially signing off on 2016,
sarah :))

You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. I can't believe that 2016 is over in only a couple hours!! i'm also planning to write MUCH much more in 2017! nano didn't work out for me either, but i'm drafting my first novel right now!

    loved reading this post!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES LIKE HOWWWW IS THIS HAPPENING? Same, and that is sooo cool!! Are you going to be having beta readers for it?

      EEP thanks, Madeline! <333

      Delete
  2. I really like your blog and hope that you achieve all that you want to this year.
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you enormously, Ranyel! Same to you! :)

      Delete
  3. sounds like some awesome goals and psh yes 100k is a lot - i know all about it k but you totally need to do it *shoos you off to write*

    happy 2017 to my name twin xD

    sarah » the introverted extrovert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you soooooooooooo much sarah!! :DD yeah honestly I should be writing right now . . . *runs off to Google Docs* XD

      Delete
  4. I LUB YOU SIS! Thanks for the shoutout ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE YA TOO GRACE <333 you're welcs!

      Delete
  5. Woah, your blog is ADORABLE! love. And also, LIKE HOW IS IT EVEN 2017?!?!?!? I'm so with you. I feel so unorganized/unprepared for the new year.
    happy new year!
    elissa // letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEP THANK YOU SO SO much, Elissa! Ikr like whaaat?! I'm not prepared . . . XD

      Thanks! Happy new year to you as well! <3

      Delete
  6. Those are some great goals for 2017! I would also love to be able to write more this year :) And I'm loving your blog - count me as a new follower :) I have no doubt that you will reach your goal of 100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Sameeee :) And oh my goodness thank you sososooooo much! <33

      Delete
  7. *gasps* Is that your ukulele?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it is! *squeals because someone finally noticed the ukulele* I got it in third grade, lol, or I would have gotten on that's . . . not so brightly colored. XDD

      Delete

hey hey! i love you guys' comments, so whether we're talking about shakespeare, marvel movies, or hamilton (i mean: HAMILTON), feel free to leave me one or a million!