Christmas 2016 | Told In Photos

by - 4:50 PM


{NOTE: I just finished transferring accounts for this blog admin over to my blog email, so if you see an unfollow-and-refollow on your blog with my profile picture at the front of your follower list -- guilty as charged. Just a heads-up. :)}

{ANOTHER NOTE: does anyone know why the "links to this post" and "create a link" are after the comments? my blog started doing it after i created this post and IT IS ANNOYING.}

My family has a history of joining the Christmas decorating party late.

This past weekend, we finally got around to decorating . . . just 14 days before Christmas.

Go us.

I went on a photography rampage throughout the house, but couldn't get any satisfactory pictures of our decorations upstairs . . . so be prepared to discover some new Christmas-y photos in the upcoming posts!

Some of these were taken in the afternoon when we were decorating, and others at night (as should be obvious in the photos). The quality sucks in a lot of these *glares at phone*, so I apologize in advance. ;P Now, without further ado . . . *presents with a flourish*

{the first ornament on the tree} my sister put the first ornament on the tree, and I just had to take a picture of it before any others got on there. we've used this tree for over 17 years, so it's really fun to see my progressive height compared to it -- when I was younger I thought it was huge, and now it doesn't feel big at all, but it's a nice family tradition.
 


{angel lights} my family has a ton of angel decorations for Christmas. this one was hanging in the hallway, and I got a photo before my phone's camera focused. it looks interesting, so here it is. :)

{fireplace mantle} on our mantle we have lights, tinsel, a little church, and a little line-up of angels (which you can't see in this photo).

here's the tinsel along the side of the mantle, with the stockings photobombing and some Christmas light bokeh in the background. :)

{family ornaments} and of course, here are some special family ornaments from years ago. the ornament is from my sister's second piano teacher, but little-kid-her obviously wrote the words herself.


 I believe my sister wrote this one as well, but I'm not sure since it looks suspiciously like my old handwriting. :P

{other ornaments} dudes I love this next picture so much. I bought this ornament in third grade (I think . . .?) from one of those little Christmas shops they set up in elementary school. :)

aaaaand another one . . .

well, I guess that's about it! have you guys decorated for Christmas yet? do you have any decorating traditions with your family? leave me a comment down below!

love, sarah

P.S. after I moved from my WordPress blog, I lost around twenty-two followers, which leaves us at around fourteen followers currently. :( it  would make me immensely happy if we could get to 30 followers by the end of the year! if you haven't already, go hit that button on the sidebar! ---->

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Pretty yights! (That's what I used to say when I was a baby. :P )
    Your decorations are beautiful! :D They look so pretty. :)
    ~Grace <3
    P.S. Your sister has a lovely name. ;) :P XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so cute! Lol!
      Thanks so much, Grace! I always get excited when Christmas decorations roll around. :)
      P.S. I agree! :D

      Delete
  2. Christmas ornaments + lights have a really neat atmosphere I love a lot. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY TOTALLY DO. Thank you so much, Victoria! <3

      Delete
  3. beautiful photos! we still haven't decorated for christmas in my house...yikes! it's getting late in december!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks girl! AHHH YOU GUYS NEED TO DECORATE before it gets too close to Christmas and you lose motivation! :P

      Delete

hey hey! i love you guys' comments, so whether we're talking about shakespeare, marvel movies, or hamilton (i mean: HAMILTON), feel free to leave me one or a million!